Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post of 2008 and my 150th post

So, I'm not really sure where to go with this one.... so if it gets rambly I'm sorry ahead of time, I'm just going to induce some verbal diarrhea.and see where that takes us.

So a couple days ago my friend texted me (I'm sure she'll read this actually) and asked simply
"What is you new years resolution"

It took me a couple minuted to come up with a response and i replied back with out really thinking about it stating:
"make it home alive"
I feel bad, because i think i caught her off guard with that. I forget sometimes that people don't think the way i do, and don't go through the stuff that i do.

So i texted my other friend (who happens to be a military wife) about what i had said and we sort of laughed it off. but its just weird to me.

This time next month I'll be in the midst of something much much larger than me. In the midst of things I have NO CONTROL OVER! that's huge for me. like hella huge. I like order, i like being organized, i like knowing whats going on and when to expect things and what to expect. This is possibly one of the hardest parts.

Not to mention I'm flying half way around the world, leaving my home, leaving my family, leaving my life, leaving MY HUSBAND. What a way to start off the year!!

BUT seriously lets look back, in all honesty i don't really think 2008 was all that bad. I read post after post about "lets say good by to a shitty 2008", but for me it wasn't so bad. I had a pretty good year.

-We had our 1st anniversary
-We kept afloat
-We put both of us through college
-We put food on our table
-We have money in the bank
-we have shoes on our feet
-We have clothes on our back.

what more could a girl ask for? I'm married to the man i love. We're looking above and beyond to the next step in our life. but 2008 was good to us. I am ready for 2009 though. I'm excited.
I'm definitely ready.
I'm ready for the next step, the next chapter, the next phase.

___________________________________________________

Quote:

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”

3 comments:

aLLie said...

Happy New Year!! And I also hope you make it out alive!

MrsBolt said...

You did catch me off guard and then I felt bad that I even asked. But I guess I can empathize. Your whole focus right now is getting over there and then getting back here to get back to your husband. I guess that just goes to show the vast difference between a person in the military and a person -not- in the military. Staying alive in 2009 isn't even something that would cross my mind. But its something that goes through thousands even millions of peoples minds everyday. Military members, civilians within the war zones...it kind of makes me realize what I am taking for granted - and how much you're sacrificing.

Heather, I hope you know how much I love and respect you and will be praying for you everyday! What you're are doing is an amazing act of courage and selflessness. I hope you realize what a great person you are!!

Make sure you get me an address because I WILL find a way to get you some cupcakes!!!! ;)

Mrs. Case said...

You disappeared off my Google Reader.

I finally found you again! :)

I love the quote at the end of this blog.

P.S. I pray all the time for the safe return of our troops. My entire family is grateful for the sacrifices our troops make. Thanks again!

 
;