Sunday, January 4, 2009

My "family" good by breakfast

So i texted my sister in law yesterday telling her when i was leaving, and that if they wanted to see me that this weekend would be the best, if not only time. So my SIL drove up to see me and they stayed the night with my mother in law and then asked if we wanted to meet for breakfast to have one last time before they went back home, and i left. Well we invited my in laws. apparently they couldn't get up early enough to come see me for breakfast.

I told MY parents that i wanted to do dinner Monday or Tuesday and no later because i didn't want to push my time line. So My in laws told my sister in law that they would "meet us for dinner later this week". but B (my husband) won't call them, and they haven't called us. I will not move my parents dinner, nor will i go out to dinner any other night. Sorry not happening. i have shit to do and stuff to get ready for.

I feel like they're treating this like, oh its not our son, so its not that big of a deal. I've felt like this for a long time. i know its probably all in my head, but this is just one issue of many. i don't get it. they can't get up and out of bed early enough to come meet us for breakfast. I'm telling you, its not like we met up way early. 9:00-9:30 is not early.

grrr... i guess i shouldn't expect my in laws to be like my family but its just depressing in a way.
Now B wants to invite his parents to my family dinner.
gosh. i don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but i was hoping that my family dinner would just be "my family". But how do i say that? how do i tell him that his mom over powers and takes over all conversations, all get together's, everything. I want the focus to be on me and my family and spending quality time together before i leave. but i think this might be to much to ask.
::sigh::

___________________________________________
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comments:

HEE said...

Rotty--I'm so sorry your going through this! I really hope you stick to your guns and only have dinner with your family without the in-laws. I really don't think that is to much to ask at all. I think it's important for you to spend time with your family. When do you leave? How long is your deployment for? If you don't mind me asking of course.
Take time to enjoy each day! I'll be thinking of you <3 HEE

 
;