Sunday, July 29, 2012

Small worlds BLOW

<p>
Some times I hate how small the Air Force is.

Several years ago, when I was young and dumb I had a run in with this guy 'M'.

M was a friend of my dad and I've known him since I was really young. His oldest daughter and I went to school together/grew up together.

So, ffwd i'm 20 (just met B) I'd just got out of a bad relationship/break up/rebound whore stint. One night in a drunken stooper I flashed one of M's friends while on assignment out of state. So... of course when I get home, everyone knew.

M decided to push his luck with me. M has a reputation of being a super sleeze ball. He boasts about cheating on his wife (who is super sweet and I'd love being her friend if she wasn't married to him). He then starts making lewd comments & gestures toward me and about me. Eventually he and the guy I flashed corner me in the parking lot. They start with the talk again and soon they are poking/touching me in inappropriate places, lifting up my uniform top, etc.

I'm really shaken up by it, but I try to play it off. Of course when Bri picks me up for lunch and he instantly knows somethings wrong. Long story short, I told my dad (who was in my unit at the time), who up chanelled it to the commander. The  Commander asked what I wanted to happen. I told her I didn't want people to know, but I also didn't want him to get away with it. She asked if I trusted her enough to handle it ”in house”, the answer was yes. I'd trust that woman with my life. But that's another story.

I was allowed to finish my day ”off site” (I waited it out in Bri's unit). And i've been told a couple different versions of what happened next to him, but they're all vastly different. And honestly, I don't know what really happened, but again I trusted my commander.

... That was 6  years ago.
Since then our unit was disbanded, we went our separate ways, and I rarely if ever thought about the whole ordeal.

... Until 4 months ago when I hear he's coming into one of our sister units. Not in my unit or on my drill weekend, but still too close.

I had a minor(::cough::major::cough::) freak out and went to have a one on one chat with my chief. He is someone who I trust very much. Again, I was asked what I wanted to happen. I told him 1) I just needed to vent to someone I trust and leery them know the situation 2) I just want him to know that I reserve the right to nit work with him if I at any time feel uncomfortable. But I would be polite, respectful, and keep my fucking distance.

The reason this was brought back up  is because I'm out of town doing am inspection in another state. I knew that the sister squadrons were here, but again I didn't really think about him. Till I walked outside and there he was.

I'll never feel comfortable around him. I'll never willing go someplace that i'm sure he will be. But I am NOT found to let him ruin my trip, my training, or my reputation.

But I do get sick pleasure in knowing that in the 6 years that have passed, he has not been promoted once, the people he last worked with were ”happy to be rid of him” (their words not mine), and he is currently assigned to the section that I know like the back of my hand and know that it'd we are forced ro participate in the same event, I'd be in the position of power, not him.

Again, I will move passed the past and continue doing what I'm doing... But, I'm still wish I never had to see him ever ever fucking ever again...

0 comments:

 
;