Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New years

Happy New Year


Its a day late. but i spent most of yesterday in bed recovering from a very fun new years eve.

I've never been that drunk or this hungover in my life. and I've done a lot of drinking in my short time on this earth.

but anyways. back to the new year.

I don't really believe in new years resolutions. I did for a really long time. then i started going to the gym and year after year i dread the 'new year resolution rush' yes, its good for the gym business, but its annoying to those of us who actually stick with it.

While those of us who i deem as 'regulars' in my gym hours are courteous and polite, the 'new ones' come in, sweat on our machines, don't clean up, are rude, and stinky and gross (okay the last 2 are a generalization, but it makes a point).

So Jan 1st comes around and the gym is bombarded with people who start with high hopes but have no follow through. i wish them luck, and i wish they would stay but 90% of them don't.

by Feb, the rush has been cut in half and by mar we're back to the normal routine with the regulars and smaller class sizes.


back to new years.

I've stated before that my goals for this year (not resolutions... goals)

are to:

-Keep going to the gym 2-3+ times a week
-Keep eating healthy
-Keep track of what i eat daily
-Keep the water intake up
-And be happy

These are things I've been doing, i want to continue to do, and all in hopes of losing this weight that's mysteriously crept up on my ass, hips and thighs.

I created a new fitness blog, to hold me accountable for at least a weekly check in, but hopefully more than that.

I have a friend who's helping me with tracking my food through WW points and if i pair that with Spark people and they're amazing tools, i should be unstoppable.

The only thing standing in my way is me.

I can do this.
I will do this.

... wish me luck.


Photobucket

0 comments:

 
;