Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm at a loss

I'm alone... in my bedroom... folding clothes @11:47pm

your probably asking 3 questions.
1) why are you alone?
2) why are you still up?
and the big one
3) why are you at a loss?

Well, I'm alone because my husband starting working nights yesterday. He's on shift at the hospital (he's an RN) from 6pm -7:30am. So I'm alone pretty much all day now.

I'm alone when I go to bed. when I get up, he's going to bed. I'm alone all day (trying to be as quite as possible). He gets up for dinner and then leaves for work. we're together for about 3-4 hours a day now.

This is going to be a long 4 months. d

At his place of employment they're shifted from day shift to night shift every 3-4 months. That way they never get to burned out on one shift of the other.

but for those with families, I just can't imagine how hard night shift would be. I mean right now its just me and Sammy-poochy. and it already sucks and we're only on day (or night) 2.

Why I'm still up is because I'm the freaking best wife EVER.
What I do before I go to bed is fold my husbands clothes.
while he's sleeping I do laundry. The washer and dryer and bedroom are on opposite ends of the house.

So before I go to bed, I nest a little by folding his clothes and making the bed. Even though he doesn't notice, and i'm the only one sleeping in the bed. but thats okay.

the reason I'm at a loss....
I think this is going to be a post for another night.
Photobucket

1 comments:

sulfababy said...

My hubs works night shift at a hospital too (he's a NA). When I worked two jobs, I felt like we never saw each other! *hugs* So I feel ya!

 
;