Wednesday, January 2, 2008

commute adventures take 2

So i had some funny happenings today on my way home. fairly interesting.

on the way off the hill on the sky tram, there were 2 people who were afraid of heights. the Street car wasn't too bad, i got a nice warm heater spot. In case you haven't realized, heater spots are very important. It was calm for the most part. roughly busy, but not bad.

then i waited for max. I got stuck with the old cars. Those cars aren't handicap accessible, old, and generally sucky. there is less seating, and your much MUCH closer to those you don't want to be close to.

well i thought i had gotten lucky and wouldn't have anyone sit around me. there are 4 seats, 2 on each side facing each. well i got unlucky really fast. this festively plump lady and man came to sit in front of me. she didn't ask if she could sit in front of me. I know its not 'my' seat but to me its public transportation courtesy. that and give me a second to move. she just says "i am sitting here"

well... they sit down and start talking. come to find out they had just met at one of Portland's many free lunch places. And she is going to his house with him. They keep talking, he asks her what kind of music she likes. her response " i like anything with a beat, i don't like the music you can't fvkk too". WOW! Then she says something about how they were meant to meet because they both never go there but they did today. it was rather entertaining for my commute.

then this lovely woman sits down after the 'couple' gets off. and i have to stifle my laughter when i see her and her drawn on eye brows that come down to the corners of her eyes. god it was funny to see.

then in the back ground there is a boy with tourettes who is making car noises and some other random noises and a hooker trying to pick up a new john.

all in all... pretty funny commute. I didn't get to wet and no one bugged me to bad.
i consider this a win-day in my commute.


Me on the street car

0 comments:

 
;