Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lets talk about Couponing

first is that really a word? because I'm pretty sure its a made up word. but I digress, Lets all have a conversation about coupons.

When we were back home in Oregon I was an avid coupon cutter and a less than half time coupon user.

I had an epic fail of coupon usage. I would either not pay attention to the adds, forget the cupons at home, or just get lazy.

but now that we're getting settled and getting our house together. I really want to buckle down and get our bills under control. The price difference in groceries alone between Oregon and California is AMAZING! my quick 20.00 - 30.00 grocery trip back home is now a 50.00 - 60.00 trip here. Of course it also has a lot to do with the fact that we lost a lot of our 'essentials' in the move, so we're slowly building that back up. But with me not working at the moment I really feel like its mostly my responsibility for the cooking, cleaning, and shopping of the house.

B did not put this on me (hello Suzy Homemaker), I need something to do, so i'm making this my thing.

So I asked a couple of people about it and A good friend of mine Carly @ Not Your Ordinary Page turned me onto a site called Hip2Save.

She linked me to a page on H2S Titled Couponing 101. I watched the video's and really got into it. I'm really excited.

Today I went out and got the dividers, a binder, and those baseball card holders.

I got to thinking about everyone else. What do they do for coupons? Does anyone else kind of obsess over them like i do?

If you do coupon, Do you use your Sunday paper only? or do you use websites as well?

What is the method to your madness?

What are your tricks and tips to help out a n00b like me?

I have a feeling this topic will become a running trend in my blog in the near future.

after I get this sorted out my next hill to climb is Meal Planning!

Photobucket

0 comments:

 
;