Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Another Battle


So, In the wake of the never ending traveling gunk I've been battling for over a week now I've allowed myself to become dehydrated.

For most people it isn't so bad when you get dehydrated. you get some minor symptoms and some minor discomfort, then you drink some water and you're right as rain.

Me, not so much. When I allow myself to get dehydrated, my brain turns into the pain center.
My major trigger (from what i can figure) is dehydration.

It starts slow. I get groggy and sluggish. I get really tired and sometimes I'll sleep all day. Then somewhere in this fog the pain starts. It will either start slowly and build up like the psycho background music in some slasher film. or it just jumps up and whacks you like a 2x4 to the side of the skull.

So now i'm in bed, I've been here since 630. After my lovely conversation with my husband who can only contact me once a day, I decided that it would be good to lay down. Ice pack on the back of my neck & one on the top of my head.

My medications make me sketchy. I feel sketchy and anxiety ridden. Like i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I need to go to bed......



Photobucket

0 comments:

 
;