Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fresh Start

This last month I have been Bitch Slapped by reality.

After seeing some disturbing pictures of myself from graduation and seeing "196" on my scale. I've had no other choice but face reality. I'm fat. I'm not just a little over weight any more. I'm no longer just in my "new marriage extra weight". I'm out of excuses. I did this to myself. Now I need to get myself out of it.

So, I go to the gym enough. That I know its not lack of activity that has lead me down the dark path of lumpyness. Its what I'm eating, how much i'm eating, when i'm eating, and so on.

So in light of all of this I've decided to make some changes.

I'm starting small and setting realistic goals for myself. I'm done making excuses for myself. If I have a bad day of eating, I'll face it as a fact and learn. If I want a beer, I'll have A beer and not the whole 6 pack.

So here are my goals:
  • Weigh in once a week. 
  • Try and stick to a 1200 calorie limit
  • Track my food (good and bad) on Myfitnesspal.com app on my phone. 
  • Go to the gym 3-4x a week.
  • Do a minimum of 30min of cardio 3x a week. 
That is it. I'm not going to put myself on a strict diet. I'm not going to eliminate carbs, sugars, etc. I'm going to try and make better choices but not force myself to do something i don't want to do. I'm going to make food I like, but with healthier choices. 



Here is my 'goal' menu:

Breakfast: Egg Whites (3-4) with 1/4-1/2 cup veggies (tomatoes, peppers, spinach, etc)

Lunch: Lean Protein (chicken or turkey), 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup veggie

Dinner: Lean Protein, 1 cup rice or 1 sm sweet potato, 1 cup veggie

Snack: Fruits and veggies

Desert: Otter Pop (15 calories each. Cures my sweet tooth with out the insane calories) 

Water: 1gal a day.

So I'm not saying I'm going to do this perfectly. I know i'll have my struggles to keep with in this. But this is my goal.

 
Find me on Myfitnesspal
Username: Mrsrotty

 

0 comments:

 
;