Sunday, February 21, 2010

I would have Rocked the 1950's

I could have totally rocked the 1950's house wife era! I decided that today was "spoil my husband day"

1) made his coffee
2) made waffles (his favorite) with his favorite syrup.
3) doing laundry
4) took out the the dog (normally his job)
5) took out the trash (normally his job)

Dinner, I'm thinking about something fancy like stuffed shells. or pot roast (but we had that last weekend).

I'm also currently washing all the bedding.

I woke up this morning feeling slightly better, I'm still super stiff, and a little sore, but I'm in a GREAT mood.

Lets talk about the fashion too. OMGSH!

Look how amazing their dresses they have. I'm So in love with them. Back when woman with curves were a thing to be treasured and adored. they were classy and elegant. They were perfectly styled, never a hair out of place.

Speaking of hair...

The hair. Mostly short as far as i can tell from what little research I've done, and it it was long was mostly in a pony tail. So perfect, so sleek, so adorable, so feminine! goodness.

I could go on and on about the 1950's. the bathing suits, the subtle sexual undertones... I just love it all.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mrs. S said...

I LOVE fashion from the 50's!

Pink Haired Momma said...

I LOVE the dresses from the 50's. The style is so daring yet so innocent. I also love the pinup and rockabilly looks. I sometmes wish life was still cherished and simple like it was back then...

 
;