Sunday, September 6, 2009

Book Review

So as many of you know i am a bit obsessed with vampires. I admit it started with twilight. But its developed in to so much more. No, I'm not wearing fake vampire teeth and running out to stock up on lace up knee high doc martins, but i do enjoy reading about them.
This was my last update: My Reading List!
I'm warning you now: this is a long one!!



Books I've read
(in no particular order)
all books are linked to Amazon.

Night World
-Its an interesting mix of short stories. they're not great, but they're good reads. They're all tied together in a weird twist. for instance: book 2 story 1 has the same character as book 1 story 3, but instead of being a primary character they're mentioned once or twice. Now, I can not tell you for the life of me honestly which books and stories had similar or the same characters. It was a good read though. Not twilight good but better than vampire kisses.

Night World No. 1: Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder
Night World No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate
Night World No. 3: Huntress, Black Dawn, Witchlight

There's a rumoured Night World No. 4 coming. but I'll believe it when i see it. according to Amazon "This title will be released on April 6, 2010"



Blue Bloods
-I read these on my trip home. I'm not going to lie, i LOVED these books. They're a quick, simple, easy read. but they're really good. its a good twist on the vampire folk lore. Its an addition i hadn't seen before. I can't wait for book for #6!

Blue Bloods
Masquerade
Revelations


Van Allen Legacy - in stores 0ct 6th.

Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse Series-
I wish there were words for how OBSESSED i am with this series. I want to buy the HBO/Showtime package for my TV just so i can watch this series over and over again. i LOVE these books. I've actually given them to my mom and little brother (he's 20) to read. LOVE them.

Dead and Gone - Book #9

Black Dagger Brotherhood-
I started reading these books on the recommendation of a friend and i LOVE them. It started out a little slow in book one but i love it! i went back to borders to get the next books in the series and i teared up a little in the store when they didn't have the books i wanted. :( In all honesty, if you can get past the cheesetastic names (wrath, revenge, rhage), its a GREAT series. there is also a glossary of terms in the front of the books so you know what the heck they mean by 'hellren'.

So Far I've read:
Dark Lover
Lover Eternal
Lover Awakened - my favorite so far. SO amazing and reminds me a little of me and B.

To Read:
Lover Revealed
Lover Unbouned
Lover Enshrined
Lover Avenged

The next time I'm ready for new books (like next week) I'm totally going to ordering the next books from amazon. SO excited.

There are 2 other books for this series
The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide
Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story - this is only for the kindle though. mother effers.

I am totally going to get the insiders guide - how awesome is a book that it needs a guide! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The Immortals-
This series shockingly IS NOT about vampires. Its about immortal creatures and soul mates. Its main character can hear the thoughts of all of those around her. Its a really addictive series. I think i read these books in 1 weekend. I really enjoyed them, even though they weren't vampires.

Evermore
Bluemoon

Wake-
This series was so interesting to me. Its about a girl who falls into peoples dreams around her. She doesn't need to be asleep, but if someone around her is they suck her in. Again, not a series about vampires. But such a good book. its again, a teen based book. but i really got into it.
i highly recommend them. Love it. The second book was SO great! SO SO GREAT!

Wake
Fade

Darkest Powers
I'm branching out people. Yet another book not about vampires!! I Really REALLY LOVED these books. I just found out when i was linking these and getting this section ready, that they're coming out with a 3rd! i knew they were with the way the 2ND ended. but its totally exciting. Anyways... These books are about a girl who can see and talk to dead people. This book is kind of interesting, the way she combines normal teenage drama with a twist of horror. There is also an additional twist to this book that even i didn't see coming. I'm So excited for book 3.

The Summoning
The Awakening

The Reckoning - due April 27th, 2010.

What I'm Reading Now:
Wicked Lovely-
I'm Rocking these non-vampire books and LOVING every minute of it! I love love love it. These books are different than anything I've read so far. they're about Fairies or 'faeries' as the book calls them. I'm loving it. I'm just at the last couple chapters of book 2. In this series the main character can see, talk too, and interact with faeries. but she doesn't. The 'sight' was passed down from generations of woman in her family. The stories her grandmother told her warned her against it. I can't wait till i can finish this series. So Excited.
Ink Exchange - almost done with this book

4 comments:

iasa said...

If you can find a copy of Patrick Whalen's Monastery at the library you might want to check it out. It was one of my favorite vampire stories when i was a kid. It's outta print, last i looked used paperbacks were going for $20.

LittleCyndiLou said...

If I could reccomend a series that I fell in love with "The Fever Series" by Karen Marie Moning..

It is going to be 5 books so far 4 are out. It starts with Dark Fever and you can get a copy of Dark Fever Free off the authors website http://www.karenmoning.com, or free to a kindle on Amazon.com

I Love this series, almost as much as Twilight. While it is not a vampire novel, it is soooo good.

Mrs Ashley said...

Awesome list! You should check out the Hunger Games. I just finished the second book - they are FANTASTIC. Here is my reading list: http://mrsashleyg.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-reading-list.html

Mrs Ashley said...

We do have very similar books listed!!! Lol. I should of mentioned that I'm moving my reading list over to a new blog that is just about books, if you wanna check that out. :) Love the blog btw. I'm going to steal some book recommendations!

http://ashley-reads.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-reading-list-updated-september-8th.html

 
;