Monday, October 13, 2008

okay, now i'm upset

So all the news has been able to spew for the past couple weeks is how shiity the economy is. I could have told you that a long time ago.

minimum wage isn't cutting it. i had to cut back my school hours, because i had to find a worse job for better pay. Now don't get me wrong. I like my job, but i LOVED my old one. seriously LOVED. but minmum wage wasn't cutting it and i had to find something that pad better. When we can't make ends meet with just 1 of us on minumum wage in a 2 income house when there's only 2 of us to begin with, i don't know how familys with kids do it.

anyways.... i didn't really give a hoot about it becuase really, everyone else is just seeing the reality i face pretty much every day in my world. but now NOW they've crossed the line. Now I'm mad!



Workers at Mother's Cookies were told on October 3rd that the company is shutting down for good and cookies will no longer be made. NO!!!!! Who's going to make those delicious frosted animal cookies?! I used to eat that shit with milk for breakfast.

The company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last Monday. Their distribution plants in Ohio and Canada are closed forever The private equity firm that owned Mother's blamed rising fuel and ingredient prices. I blame those Keebler elves. Do those bitches have an alibi?

This is the end of an era. It's also the end of days. Why go on if we can't have those scrumptious frosted circus animal cookies anymore?

If you'll excuse me, I have to furiously search the interwebs and buy up every last bag of Circus Animal cookies. Since the world is ending, I want to go down stuffing my face with sprinkled frosted goodness.

Rest in peace, Mother's Cookies....

I wonder how long their shelf life is? i'm now thinking of ways to keep them so my future hypothetical kids can enjoy their awesomness.

1 comments:

Cate said...

You had better be lying, Mrs Rotty. This is not a funny joke to play on a chubby girl.

Doyous.

 
;