Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh how I want this (part II)

Can we discuss this for a second?!?
my need for this just doubled.
Kindle DX!!



Seriously, I'm in love with the Kindle. With as much reading as i do. I could seriously use one of these. I'm sure the only thing that could make this better, is if i could get my text books on it. Can you imagine how much better it would be to have keep your text books on this tiny thing? My back would be SO happy to not have to lug those heavy text books around. GOD that would be so awesome. Now if i could just convince B that i NEED this and not just WANT it. lol. hard sell for that price

With all the books that I've read here, all the books that i am reading. i would seriously love this.
Yet there is something to be said for having a full book case. I remember when i was younger, someone told me that every adult should have 1 book case just for books somewhere in their house. I never really understood that thought till i got older. Now i can see the meaning behind that statement, and i whole heatedly agree! I know my reading list at the moment is quite... limited. But i love books, hard back, paper back, spiral bound. I love books. I love to hear new things and experience new things and get new perspectives on old ideals.
my love and need to learn is the main reason i joined the military. i wanted to go place and see things and have adventures. I can't think of a better way then to have Uncle Sam pay for it. So I'll work between my adventures. but i still get to have the adventures. I still get to go all over the world, and i get to take my books with me.

1 comments:

julochka said...

i think i love physical books too much to fall in love with kindle. unless you can write in the book anyway on the kindle. because i love to write in books. but you're onto something there with the portability of it..it would be much easier to travel with the kindle and then one would never been forced to accidentally read a dan brown novel while waiting 8 hours at the airport in bangkok...

 
;